Canva vs Adobe Spark
Pictures are used to exchange information as these are easy to interpret and hence different platforms are growing for publishing photos like Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, etc. Normal photos can be easily captured using a camera but when it comes to artwork or illustrations, it is very difficult to create such images. Digital drawings or artwork are created using advanced software so we will compare this software on the basis of their capabilities to find the right software for users. Let’s compare Canva and Adobe Spark.
What is Canva?
Canva is a web application that was designed for fulfilling purposes like making logos, designing posters or banners, creating presentations, etc. It has a large number of features that helps users to create graphic content easily. Its basic features are available for free and for advanced features, users need a subscription. It supports multiple languages which makes it easy for users from different regions.
Advantages of Canva
- It comes with an auto-correction tool for making sharp images.
- Being an online application it does not acquire disk space or memory.
- Wireframes of websites can be easily created in them.
- It has a library of items like icons, photos, props, etc. which can be used directly.
Disadvantages of Canva
- One cannot use Canva without an internet connection.
- All rights on images belong to Canva.
What is Adobe Spark?
Adobe Spark can be defined as a task-based graphic editor for creating web designs and images in different formats. It was developed by Adobe Incorporation. Its latest version was released in 2021. It is available for different operating systems like Windows, Mac OS, iOS, etc. It contains a large number of tools to ease the designing process. This software can be purchased from Adobe’s official site.
Advantages of Adobe Spark
- Images of different formats can be easily imported and edited in this.
- Customizable templates are available to ease users.
- It is available for both platforms web and android platforms.
- It has advanced tools for visual content design.
Disadvantages of Adobe Spark
- Buying for a lifetime is not available, only monthly and a yearly subscription is available.
- It is heavy software that requires a lot of memory and space on your system.
Following is a table of differences between Canva and Adobe Spark:
|Definition||It is a visual content designing platform that is suitable for novice as well as advanced users.||It is computer software that is used to create web and visual assets for different purposes.|
|Author||Melanie Perkins, Cliff Obrecht, and Cameron Adams are their original authors.||Its original author is Adobe.|
|Subscription||Its subscription starts at $12.99 per month.||Its subscription starts at $9.99 per month.|
|Launch||It was launched in 2013||It was launched in 2016.|
|Trial Period||Users can use this platform for free for a trial period of 30 days.||Trial period of Adobe Spark is of 15 days after which a subscription is mandatory.|
|Languages||It is available in nearly 100 languages.||It is available in 24 languages.|
|Users||It is a good choice for beginners and intermediate-level graphic designers.||It is used by expert photographers and designers.|
|Customer Support||It provides good customer support to users.||It provides 24×7 customer support.|
On detailed comparison, it is clear that Canva is the winner, as it offers many features for free and paid functions, are also affordable. It does not require high system specifications while Adobe Spark needs high memory and graphics moreover Spark is very expensive as compared to Canva so users should go for Canva.