C# Program to Create a Directory
A directory is a file system that stores file. Now our task is to create a directory in C#. We can create a directory by using the CreateDirectory() method of the Directory class. This method is used to create directories and subdirectories in a specified path. If the specified directory exists or the given path is invalid then this method will not create a directory. To use CreateDirectory() method we have to import the system.IO namespace in the program.
public static System.IO.DirectoryInfo CreateDirectory (string path);
Parameter: path is the directory path.
Return: This will return the object of the specified created directory.
Exception: It will throw the following exception:
- IOException: This exception occurs when the directory specified by path is a file.
- UnauthorizedAccessException: This exception occurs when the caller does not have the required permission.
- ArgumentException: This exception occurs when the path is prefixed with, or contains, only a colon character (:).
- ArgumentNullException: This exception occurs when the path is null.
- PathTooLongException: This exception occurs when the specified path, file name, or both exceed the system-defined maximum length.
- DirectoryNotFoundException: This exception occurs when the specified path is invalid
- NotSupportedException: This exception occurs when the path contains a colon character(:) that is not part of a drive label (“D:\”).