Byju’s Interview Experience for MTS-1 (On-Campus)
BYJU’s selection process consists of three rounds:
- Online Test
- Technical Round-I
- Technical Round-II
Round-1(Online Coding Test): The coding round was conducted on the HackerEarth platform which consisted:
20 MCQ: All the MCQs were related to Operating System, Database Management system, and pseudocode.
Coding Questions: – There were 2 coding questions, both medium-level questions.
- Find kth smallest Special Number(Medium):- We had to find the kth smallest special number, basically, the special no. is defined as any no. in which all even no. are present at the odd index(1-based indexing) and odd numbers are present at the event index(1-based indexing).
- Find the minimum cost for hiring developers:- There are (n+m) developers(all the developers can work on both frontend and backend). Two arrays are given in which the first array consists cost of frontend developers and the second array consists cost of Backend developers. We have to pick ‘n’ frontend-developer from the first array and ‘m’ backend developers from the second array such that we have to minimize the total cost of hiring n+m developers, also if we pick a frontend-developer from the first array then we cannot pick a backend-developer from the second array with the same index.
Round-2(Technical Round-I): The Interviews were offline on-campus and 2 people were present. It started with a basic introduction and they jumped straight to questions.
The interviewer asked around 4 Data structures and algorithm questions:-
- Next higher palindromic number using the same set of digits
- Maximum difference between two elements such that larger element appears after the smaller number
- Reverse a linked List
- Next Permutation
I was able to clear this round.
Round-3(Technical Round-II): This round was more focused on the System-Design and Computer science fundamentals.
- They asked me to design an Elevator System.
- Then some questions on OS – Thrashing, deadlock, semaphores, Virtual memory.
Overall this round took about 2 hrs and detailed discussions were done on OS and system design. However, the interviewees didn’t seem satisfied with my system design knowledge.
Verdict- Not Selected
- Stay calm during the interviews.
- If you know the optimized solution to a question then don’t waste the interviewer’s time by first telling the brute force answer.
- Practice Some common system design questions from the leetcode discussed.