Bootstrap 5 Introduction
Bootstrap is a framework that is suitable for mobile-friendly web development. it means the code and the template available on bootstrap are applicable to various screen sizes. It is responsive for every screen size. The framework is free and can be used in 2 ways that are either by downloading the zip files and including libraries/modules of bootstrap in the project or directly including the URL of bootstrap and using the online version.
Some important changes in Bootstrap 5:
1. Updated official documentation: The docs homepage of v4.5.0 has an updated look and there are some improvements in the rest of the official docs too. Bootstrap docs have some nice padding around the corners to make it more readable and highlight its content.
5. Responsive Fonts: Bootstrap has introduced responsive font sizes which will automatically resize the typography element according to the viewport size through the RFS Engine. RFS engine was developed to resize font sizes. It provides the facility to resize the CSS properties like “margin”, “padding”, “border-radius”, “box-shadow” by units.
6. Removed Cards: The new grid system of Bootstrap provides more responsive control of the layout. Hence, they removed unnecessary extra classes which can be designed by the new grid layout. The older versions of Bootstrap still support card system.
7. Updated Forms: Bootstrap 5 has introduced a section completely dedicated to Bootstrap forms with improved documentation and components. It now has a single set of form controls and redesign existing elements instead of generating new elements through pseudo-elements. Bootstrap forms give a better look now.
8. New SVG and Icons library: Bootstrap 3 had introduced 250 reusable icon components called “Glyphicons” which were created to offer icons for alerts,dropdowns, input fields, etc. Bootstrap 4 completely removed glyphicons as most of the designers used icons from websites like Fontawesome, icons8, etc. Otherwise, they use their self created SVG icons to enhance customizability. Bootstrap 5 has released a new SVG icon library which was undertaken by the co-founder of Bootstrap Mark Otto.
For more information refer to this link: Get Bootstrap