Barclays Interview Experience (On-Campus)
Barclay’s recruiting process (easy)
Campus: MNIT Jaipur
First Round: There was an online test that consisted of two parts
- 2 Dsa question
- 30 MCQ were related to oops in java, oops in python, oops in c++, Dbms
- 1st dsa question is related to frequency count using an easy map.
- 2nd question is related to (find the numbers such that the difference between two numbers is k and their sum is as small as possible)
- first question (20 marks)
- the second question (50 marks)
- MCQ (4 or 6 marks each )
- all MCQs were tricky. There was no negative marking.
- After that, they shortlisted 12 candidates I was one of them.
Second and Final Round: There was only one round for the interview process
- The interviewer starts with a quick introduction and directly move on to projects.
- First, he asked me to explain the project in detail. I described my project briefly, which was related to web development.
- My project was on the pizza delivery app. I used nodejs, MongoDB, Expressjs, and another basic npm package on my project.
- then he started questioning on projects:
- what kind of modification can you do in your projects?
- Question on basic MongoDB query?
- Is the question related to constraints in DBMS?
- I used MongoDB for the database, and he asked why MongoDB?
- Difference between MongoDB and MySQL?
- Then he asked questions relating to sorting ( time complexity of sorting algorithms, approach of quicksort)?
- Then question on multithreading?
- at last, he asked me (is there any question you want to ask me ?)
- I asked him about the work culture of Barclays he explained me.
- I answered all questions. The interviewer was happy with my performance.
After all, interviews were over, they announced the result after six days, and I was selected.