Barclays Interview Experience (On-Campus) 2021
Round 1:(Online coding round)
- Given an array of integers that represent a directed edge between the i-th index to array[i], should return the index that has the maximum length of the edge. Here if u create a new adjacent list it will throw a memory limit exceeded error, so you should use the same array that is given in the array.
- I don’t remember the exact question but the logic is to find the min sub-array that has the sum greater than or equal to k.
30 MCQs were asked. Mostly everyone did 1 code fully and the other one partly so the tiebreaker was the MCQs.
So equal importance was given to the MCQs. They were based on Java, find the output of given pseudocode, DBMS, SQL, OOPs.
45 were shortlisted for the next round.
The interview was conducted by the AVP of Barclays.
Based on the interviewer the questions were different for everyone. So, have prior knowledge of the interviewer, just search in Linked-In.
Some of the questions I remember were:
- Introduce yourself.
- What is a Copy constructor?
- How to create a copy constructor in C++? explain in-depth.
- Why do we use const and &, What’ll be a result without using const and &?
- What are all the different ways to create a copy constructor and different ways to initialize a copy constructor?
- What are the static allocation and dynamic allocation, explain the differences between them in-depth.
- Implement dynamic array in C++ (int *arr=new int[SIZE])
- He gave me a scenario and asked which Data structure I’ll use, I told Hash map and Set. He asked to explain in-depth the Map data structure. I gave the entire explanation starting from the types of maps and the ordered map is internally implemented in Red-Black Tree. He asked me to explain what is Red-Black Tree, He asked about the time complexity of all Data Structures that I mentioned, for an ordered map I told O(log N)+rebalancing.
- Why the tree needs to be rebalanced?
- What will happen if the rebalancing doesn’t take place?
- How the Set is implemented internally.
From a new team, there will be a lot of expectations, and you will be teamed up with many freshers from all over the country. How’ll you bring the end product well?
For answering these kinds of HR questions, Do refer to the Barclays website, they have RISES(Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence, Stewardship ) values, and give your answer related to these values.
Always have prior knowledge about the company.
They will ask, Do you have any questions? Always ask at least 2 questions that show your interest in the company.
The results were declared after 2 days later, 23 were selected and I was one of them.
Good things take time!!! Don’t lose hope!!!
All the Best!!!