Atlassian Interview Experience (Off-Campus)
Round 1 (Screening Round): This was a HackerRank test with 4 coding questions to be solved in 90 min. It had 1 easy, 2 medium, and 1 hard coding question.
Round 2 (Technical Interview): The interviewer asked multiple approaches to one coding problem. It was more like a discussion and the interviewer wanted to judge my thinking process and communication skills. The question was,
- Given 2 password arrays password_arr1 and password_arr2, where password_arr1 is the list of passwords previously used and password_arr2 is the list of passwords that are to be queried. Return the array indexes representing the time when the passwords in the password_arr2 array were last used. Note that the password is considered to be used if its anagram exists in the password_arr1 array. For Example, password_arr1 = [‘polo’, ‘neal’, ‘nodl’] , password_arr2 = [‘lean’, ‘ldon’, ‘loop’].
- So the last times the passwords were used at [1,2,0], where 0,1 and 2 represent the indices of passwords in the password_arr1 array.
Round 3 (System Design Round): Design a tagging system like tags used in LinkedIn. Some points discussed in the interview were:
- What all APIs you will expose?
- Database design
- SQL vs No SQL
- How will you scale the database?
- What is distributed cache?
- What is a replica, sharding, and paging?
Round 4 (Managerial & Values Round): It was based on Atlassian core values. Some of the questions are:
- Tell me about a thing that you don’t like about your college and what have you done to change it?
- Tell me about a time when you mentored someone.
- Tell me about something that could not have been possible without you.
- Tell me about a time when your team member was not contributing.
- Tell me about a time when you didn’t perform well in a team.
- Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with your team members.
All the rounds were eliminatory. After all the interview rounds (held on the same day), I was selected.