What is Application Software :
It is a type of software application that helps in the automation of the task based on the Users Input. It can perform single or multiple tasks at the same period of time. There are the different application which helps us in our daily life to process our instructions based on certain rules and regulations. There are two types of software:
- System Software
- Application Software
Application Software helps in providing a graphical user interface to the user to operate the computer for different functionality. The user may use the computer for browsing the internet, accessing to email service, attending meetings, and playing games. Different high-level languages are used to build application software. They basically lie over system software. They are really utilized by end-user just as have explicit usefulness or undertakings which they are intended to perform. This application software is regularly evolved through custom software improvement, in light of prerequisites of clients.
Types Of Application Software :
The application Software is broadly divided into two main parts:
- General Purpose Software
- Custom Made Software
General Purpose Software :
The Software is developed to serve the requirements of a large number of people on daily basis. This software is eventually used on regular basis by every user. These the reason why this software is cheaper than any other software.
Some of the examples are:
- MS Word
- Google Docs
- Google Drive
Custom Made Software :
The Software which is developed to serve the requirement of the particular user is defined as custom-made software. Most software companies work on the basis of the requirement of the user to build custom software.
Some of the examples are:
- Desktop Software Application
- Mobile Application
- Web Application
- Database Software
Advantages of Application Software :
- Application Software packages are written by software architect and the content are of great quality.
- They have large availability and generally cheaper when compared to the other packages.
- The application software meets the exact needs of the user, because they are designed specifically for the single intention of the user, the user knows that he has to use one specific software to accomplish his task.
Disadvantages of Application Software :
- Some software that is designed specifically for a certain business, may not be compatible with other general software because each software serves a different purpose.
- The development of software is time-consuming because it needs constant communication between the developer and the customer. This delays the entire development process, which can lead to more spending on utilities.
Please Login to comment...