Amazon WOW Interview Experience (6 months internship) 2023
Amazon WOW is a program conducted by Amazon every year to hire final-year undergraduate female students for a 6-month internship. There were 3 rounds in the complete process
Round 1: This round had Technical MCQ questions which consisted majorly of 3 sections.
- Computer Fundamentals – Consisted OS , DBMS questions
- Pseudo codes – Pseudo codes were given and output was asked for each question.
- Software testing
Round 2 : This round has 2 coding questions which can be categorized as medium to hard, also this round consisted of behavioral questions and virtual space ,similar to simulation ,where tasks were allotted as if you were an employee and your co worker is messaging you regarding some issue .
For example: An image of a product is not visible on the Amazon app and you are expected to find the reason why the problem is occurring.
I was able to solve both of the coding questions and was able to solve most of the tasks allotted to me .
Round 3(Technical Interview): For this round I was called to Amazon’s office for an in-person interview.
- My interview started with the interviewer giving a brief introduction about himself and asking for mine.
- I have told about my projects and my internship experiences. Later he asked me if I was comfortable with Binary trees. He asked me to solve this question, after I had said yes.
- He asked me to explain the logic and then write the code. I was able to build logic, explain it to him, and was able to write code as well. He seemed satisfied.
- Later he came up with this question and I was able to solve this problem completely.
Verdict – Selected.
- Keep your mind open because the interviewer is just trying to see your thought process.
- Always listen to the interviewer carefully because he/she might be trying to help you by giving some hints.
- Speak out loud, speak every single word you are thinking.