Amazon Interview | Set 5
I’ve attended the Amazon interview in Hyderabad, This was kindle team, I got rejected but I’d like to share the experience, thought of giving back something to geeksforgeeks, which was a great reference for me.
Very straight forward
1. Given a linked list, sort without extra space.
I wrote merge sort
Become a success story instead of just reading about them. Prepare for coding interviews at Amazon and other top product-based companies with our Amazon Test Series. Includes topic-wise practice questions on all important DSA topics along with 10 practice contests of 2 hours each. Designed by industry experts that will surely help you practice and sharpen your programming skills. Wait no more, start your preparation today!
2. Methods to serialize & deserialize a tree ,must complete the below 2 monthods. File serialize (node *root) & node * deserialize(File f)
Cleared the written test, I was told this after 1:30 Hrs.
1. Find diameter of a tree, I’ve seen the question here, But i didn’t recollect.. So solved my self..in some primitive way which made me write code with difficulty.
2. Find a lowest common Ancestor, The variation was the tree was just a Binary Tree, Not BST, It was interesting to solve as i know only BST variation.
1. Given an array randomize it,
2. Write all possible permutations of a array of size z.
3. Given a 2-D array of 0s and 1s, find islands in it. An Island is 1s together. E.g (below there is U shaped island)
4. Write a method to check if a tree is BST or not. I wrote some stupid mistake in this code, probably that gave away my interview.
1. So many HR like questions. Why Amazon, Why u want to leave, Why u dont want to stay, what did you do to stay back, biggest challenge, worst mistake, etc etc.. blabbered something.
3. Design a system, which can convert books from one format to another
Only one design question: Design a email client.
After 4 days and lot of anticipation, I got a mail saying I got rejected, Was wondering what they exactly look for.
Thanks to muzicisgod for sharing Amazon Interview Questions. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article and mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.