Amazon Interview Experience SDE 1
Amazon conducted interviews for SDE-1 for its Chennai Location. The interviews were conducted at their Bangalore Office. Around 50-60 peoples participated in this drive.
This is a written round on paper for everyone. 2 out of 3 must be correct covering every single edge cases to qualify for next round and only most optimal solution will be considered.
- Largest Contiguous Sum of an Array.
- Connect n ropes with minimum cost
- Print left view of a Binary Tree
Round 2: This is a f2f round with Amazon Pay Team.
1. Print all three nodes in a binary tree such that sum of all these three nodes is greater than given x and these three nodes must hold the relationship of grandparent-parent-child. Expected Complexity – O(n)
I did very well in first two rounds. So there was no third round for me but other candidates had their third round as well.
Round 3: Hiring Manager Round
- Tell me about yourself.
- Why are looking for a change, you recently joined a company and now again you are giving interviews.
- Explain your last company product line.
- Mutex vs Semaphores with an real life example.
- REST, Why REST API
- Rabbit MQ and Kafka.
- Write a shell script to parse a log file.
I didn’t mention anything like Rabbit MQ, Kafka, Database in my resume but still he was keep asking me these questions. I mentioned that I am familiar with the shell scripting in my resume but could not able to write the script as I don’t remember the syntax and that’s a learning for me that don’t mention anything about anything if you are not very good about it.
Verdict : Rejected