Amazon Interview Experience for System Development Engineer L4 (Experienced 3+ Yrs)
It was a support profile and I was assessed in debugging troubleshooting, and scripting skills on Linux machines.
There was a total of 6 Rounds
1 Online assessment, 3 Technical, 1 BR round, 1 HR Round
Round 1: Online Assessment
I received a Hirepro assessment link. We have the option to select our preferred coding language or scripting language.
Time Duration- 1 hour 15 min
There were 4 questions.
- MCQ is based on a search and sort Algorithm.
- Problem Solving/Coding – Connected cell in a grid.
- Problem Solving/Coding- Identify an anagram without sorting
- Scripting/Coding – Find the most repeated phone number from a file.
Round 2: Online Interview(1 Panelist)
- Questions based on Linux Commands
- Write a Script to parse and read log files
- Behavioral Question- A situation where the candidate has taken a calculated risk and what was the result.
Round 3: Online Interview (1 Panelist)
- Types of search and sort algorithms and their best and worst-case time complexity
- Array-based coding question (Easy)
- Array-based coding question (Medium)
- On the job Scenario based problem-solving question(Troubleshooting steps)
Round 4: Online Interview – Manager Round(2 Panelists)
It was a discussion with a couple of managers, in my case they were from different business groups, and one of them was going to be my future manager.
- Started with detailed discussion on current responsibilities and technical stack.
- Deep dive into the current project and all the experiences mentioned on the resume.
- Behavioral question – A time when the candidate took something significant outside the common area of responsibility.
- An example is when the candidate has delivered an important project under a tight deadline.
- Coding Question
Round 5: Online Interview(1 Panelist) – Bar Raiser Round
Detailed discussion on the most recent project. There were a lot of behavioral questions which inherently focused on Amazon’s Leadership principles.
- A situation where the candidate has come up with a very simple situation for a very complex problem
- What is the most innovative thing that the candidate has done, can be anything in life.
- Algorithmic problem-solving question(Linked List based).
Round 6: HR Discussion
Please Login to comment...