Alert Dialog box in Flutter
Alert Dialog box informs the user about the situation that requires acknowledgment. Alert Box is a prompt that takes user confirmation. The very basic use of the alert box is used when we close the app, usually, we are notified with a prompt whether we want to exit or not. That’s an alert box.
The below-added code shows how to perform alert Dialog box in a flutter. I have used a button (Raised Button in flutter ) to trigger the alert dialog box. In its on the pressed property, we have to use the showDialog widget of flutter. It takes context and a builder. In builder, we provide the AlertDialog widget with title, content(Description of a title), and actions (Yes or no buttons), and our alert dialog box is ready to use.
Key Properties of Alter Dialog Box:
- actions: The set of actions that are displayed at the bottom of the dialog
- title: The title of the dialog is displayed in a large font at the top of the dialog.
- content: This gives a message/ description about the title which you have provided to the Alert Dialog box.
- backgroundColor: It provides the background color to the widget which is being used in.
- elevation: Elevation provided height to the widget, It gives a default shadow to the widget.
Flutter provides its own show Dialog widget which is used to show Dialog box.