Affinity Photo vs Photoshop: Which is best for you?
Images are a great way to enhance audience retention and present complex information in an easy manner. Images makes content more appealing to users which results in better performance of websites and web applications. Photo editing, manipulation and creation have always been tough tasks for designers so a lot of IT organizations released different photo editing software to ease this task. People often get confused in choosing the right software so we will compare two famous photo editing and image manipulation software, Adobe Photoshop and Affinity Photo. Both of these softwares are very advance and provide a large number of robust tools to ease designing tasks.
What is Affinity Photo?
Affinity Photo is computer software used to create, edit and manipulate raster graphics. It is a fast and precise image editing software which comes with a large number of advanced features to ease the photo editing process. It supports different operating systems like Windows, iOS etc and is available in many languages. Initially, it was released in 2015 and its latest version was launched in 2021.
Advantages of Affinity Photo
- It supports a large number of file types like JPEG, BMP, EPS, TIFF, GIF etc.
- It is available for purchase for a lifetime in a single payment option.
- It supports the Adobe Photoshop plugin to enhance its capabilities.
- It is easy to install and configure.
Disadvantages of Affinity Photo
- It is not available for Linux operating systems.
- It does not give a free trial.
What is Photoshop?
Adobe Photoshop is a graphic editor which is used to create and edit different types of images and allows users to save them in different formats. Thomas and John Knoll are known as its author and the development credit for this software goes to Adobe Incorporation. Initially, it was released in 1990 and its stable version was launched in 2022. It comes with a large number of tools to create and edit images like shape tools, selection tools, clone stamp tools, pen tools etc.
Advantages of Adobe Photoshop
- It is a professional photo editing software which helps in editing photos in an easy way.
- Almost all the image formats are supported by this software.
- It is available for various operating systems.
- It provides a large number of templates to use.
- It is an all-round software which produces high-quality images which are compatible with different platforms.
Disadvantages of Adobe Photoshop
- Buying for a lifetime is not available, only monthly and a yearly subscription is available.
- It is heavy software which requires a lot of memory and space on your system.
Following is a table of differences between Adobe Photoshop and Affinity Photo:
|1.||It can be understood as a raster graphic editor which is used to edit different types of images.||It can be understood as a pixel-based image editing software which is used to create, edit and manipulate images|
|2.||It was developed by Serif Limited.||It was developed by Adobe Incorporation.|
|3.||It is available in only 9 languages.||It is available in 26 languages.|
|4.||3D object rendering feature is not available in Affinity Photo.||3D object rendering is possible in Photoshop.|
|5.||Its price is $49.99 for a lifetime purchase.||Its subscription starts at $29.99 per month.|
|6.||Its file size is 344 MB for Mac OS.||Its file size is 881 MB for Mac OS.|
|7.||It comes with live smart filter functionality.||It lacks smart objects and live smart filter functionalities.|