Advantages and Disadvantages of Microcontroller
Microcontroller is an microcircuit (IC) which will be programmed to perform a group of functions to regulate a set of electronic devices. Being programmable is what makes microcontroller unique.
Microcontroller may be a device that captures input, processes it and generates output supported knowledge captured. it’s also called MC or MCU (Microcontroller Unit) which may be a compact digital processor on Metal-Oxide-Semiconductor Chip. Microcontrollers also are called as “special purpose computers”. they’re dedicated to execute specific task that’s programmed and stored in ROM. they’re available with on board Memory and I/O Ports which eliminates building a circuit that has separate external RAM, ROM and Peripheral chips. MC’s works at lower speeds, and needs less power. These features of Microcontrollers make it a perfect choice for embedded applications.
Single-Board MC also called Development Board Microcontroller built onto one computer circuit Board (PCB). Memory, Clock, I/O circuits etc. they’re popularly used for educational purposes to realize experience as they’re available at low cost.
Classification of Microcontroller :
- Bit Configuration
- Instruction set
Advantages of the microcontroller :
- Low time required for performing operation.
- It is easy to use, troubleshooting and system maintenance is straightforward.
- At an equivalent time, many tasks are often performed therefore the human effect are often saved.
- Processor chip is extremely small and adaptability occurs.
- Cost and size of the system is less.
- Microcontroller is straightforward to interface additional RAM, ROM, and I/O port.
- Once microcontroller is programmed then they can’t be reprogrammed.
- If the digital parts were not present it will look like a microcomputer.
- It is easy to use, troubleshooting and system maintaining is straightforward.
Disadvantages of the microcontroller :
- It is generally utilized in micro equipment.
- It has a complex structure.
- Microcontroller cannot interface a better power device directly.
- Number of executions is limited.
- As every Microcontrollers does not have analog I/O so there are issues rela.