Advantages and Disadvantages of 802.11ac
802.11ac : This standard is one of the arrangements of WLAN norms and its advancement is after IEEE 802.11n. This 802.11ac innovation is created to give information rate in Gbps to remote gadgets essentially for WLAN applications. In the past renditions of 802.11 arrangement of norms were intended for single client activity. In 802.11ac multi-client idea was presented with multiuser MIMO highlight. Beamforming has been added to cover more locale and explicit areas with the engaged pillar idea.
Multi client 802.11ac MIMO(Multi user MIMO) :
Following are the highlights of 802.11ac innovation.
Frequency Bands - 5 GHz Channel Bandwidths - 20 MHz, 40 MHz, 80+80 MHz, 160 MHz FFT sizes - 64, 128, 256, 512 Subcarrier dividing - 312.5 KHz OFDM image length - 3.2µs + 0.8/0.4 µs CP Modulation plot (most noteworthy) - 256 QAM Data rates - 433 Mbits/sec(with 80 MHz and 1 Spatial Streams(SS)), 6.933 Gbits/sec (with 160MHz, 8 SS)
Advantages of 802.11ac :
Following are the advantages or points of interest of 802.11ac as follows.
- It offers gigabit speeds which is multiple times in contrast with 802.11n.
- It offers entire home inclusion with fewer dead spots.
- It utilizes more extensive channel transmission capacities (80 MHz and 160 MHz).
- It utilizes complex tweak plans up to 256-QAM. This conveys 33% expansion in information rates.
- It utilizes different spatial streams that convey N-overlay increment in proficiency.
- This empowers concurrent downlink transmission to single-stream customers. This aids in the progress of organization limit.
- It has a faster speed for throughput.
- It provides more bandwidth for additional computers.
- 802.11ac results in less interference for transmissions.
- It provides improvements in all performance specifications
- It gives us additional technologies for convenience.
- It transmits at a top speed of 1300 Mbps.
Disadvantages of 802.11ac :
Following are the downsides or detriments of 802.11ac as follows.
- 2.4 GHz band isn’t upheld.
- It upholds image terms with just a little length.
- Higher tweak plan, for example, 1024QAM isn’t upheld.
- The uplink access is dispute based. This prompts crashes, backoffs, and decrease in viable throughput when there are more number of gadgets.
- MU-MIMO isn’t upheld in the uplink. In 802.11ac wave-2, MU-MIMO is utilized distinctly in the downlink with 4 concurrent streams.