Adobe Photoshop vs MS Paint
Images are an extremely powerful way to present information either for showing a new product or service or to explain any typical concept. Around 3.2 billion images are uploaded on the internet on a daily basis which makes it a huge opportunity for graphic companies to produce image editing, creation and manipulation software. A large number of softwares are available in the market which help in different tasks like creating, drawing, exporting, converting and editing images. People often find it difficult to choose the correct software as an individual and for company purposes so we will compare the functionalities of the two most famous software Photoshop and Paint to find out the best one.
Adobe Photoshop is a graphic editor which is used to create and edit different types of images and allows users to save them in different formats. Thomas and John Knoll is known as its author and the development credit for this software goes to Adobe Incorporation. Initially, it was released in 1990 and its stable version was launched in 2022. It comes with a large number of tools to create and edit images like shape tools, selection tools, clone stamp tools, pen tools etc.
Advantages of Adobe Photoshop
- It is a professional photo editing software which helps in editing photos in an easy way.
- Almost all the image formats are supported by this software.
- It is available for various operating systems.
- It provides a large number of templates to use.
- It is an all-round software which produces high-quality images which are compatible with different platforms.
Disadvantages of Adobe Photoshop
- Buying for a lifetime is not available, only monthly and a yearly subscription is available.
- It is heavy software which requires a lot of memory and space on your system.
MS Paint is computer software which is used to edit raster images. It is also known as Microsoft Paint as it comes with Windows operating system. Initially, it was known as Paintbrush when it was launched in 1985. A stable version of the paint was released in 2021. It was developed by Microsoft and is available for free with all Windows Operating systems. It comes with colour and black and white mode to work with images.
Advantages of Paint
- It has a very simple interface with a large number of tools.
- It is available for free so no licence is required.
- It requires only a small size on disk for installation.
- It is a very light software and does not require much memory.
Disadvantages of Paint
- It does not provide any grayscale mode to work with images.
- It lacks in advance features like image tracing, masking etc.
Following is a table of differences between Adobe Photoshop and Paint:
|1.||It can be understood as a pixel-based image editing software which is used to create, edit and manipulate images||It can be understood as a graphic editing tool to create and manipulate raster images.|
|2.||It was developed by Adobe Incorporation.||It was developed by Microsoft.|
|3.||It supports Windows as well as Mac operating systems.||It is available for Windows operating systems only.|
|4.||Its subscription starts at $20.99 per month.||It is available for free.|
|5.||It supports Extensible Markup Language (XML).||It does not support Extensible Markup Language (XML).|
|6.||It is built using Pascal and C++ programming languages.||It is built in mainly C# programming language.|
|7.||It requires high memory nearly 2 GB RAM.||It requires only 512 MB of RAM.|
|8.||It is difficult to learn and requires tutorials.||It is very easy to learn and no tutorials are required|