8085 program to check whether both the nibbles of 8 bit number are equal or not
Problem – Write an assembly language program in 8085 microprocessor to check whether both the nibbles of 8 bit number are equal or not. If nibbles are equal then store 00 in memory location 3050 otherwise store FF in memory location 3050.
Assumption – Number, to check for similar nibbles is stored at memory location 2050.
- Load the content of memory location 2050 in A.
- Moves the content of A in B.
- Mask the lower nibble and store it in register C.
- Move the content of B in A.
- Mask the higher order nibble and store it in A.
- Reverse the content of A by using RLC instruction 4 times.
- Compare the contents of A and C by help of CMP instruction. Update the flags of 8085.
- Now store FF if ZF = 0 otherwise store 00 if ZF = 1.
- Store the final result in memory location 3050.
|2000||LDA 2050||A <- M|
|2003||MOV B, A||B <- A|
|2004||ANI 0F||A <- A (AND) 0F|
|2006||MOV C, A||C <- A|
|2007||MOV A, B||A <- B|
|2008||ANI F0||A <- A (AND) 0F|
|200A||RLC||Rotate content of A left by one bit without carry|
|200B||RLC||Rotate content of A left by one bit without carry|
|200C||RLC||Rotate content of A left by one bit without carry|
|200D||RLC||Rotate content of A left by one bit without carry|
|200E||CMP C||A – C|
|200F||JZ 2018||Jump if ZF = 1|
|2013||MVI A, FF||A <- FF|
|2015||JMP 201A||Jump to memory location 201A|
|2018||MVI A, 00||A <- 00|
|201A||STA 3050||M <- A|
Explanation – Registers A, B, C are used for general purpose.
- LDA 2050: load the content of memory location 2050 in accumulator A.
- MOV B, A: moves the content of A in register B.
- ANI 0F: performs AND operation in contents of A and 0F. Store the result in A.
- MOV C, A: moves the content of A in register C.
- MOV A, B: moves the content of B in A.
- ANI F0: performs AND operation in contents of A and F0. Store the result in A.
- RLC: rotates content of A left by one bit without carry. Use the instruction 4 times to reverse the number.
- CMP C: compares the content of A and C. Update the flags of 8085 accordingly.
- JZ 2018: jump to memory location 2018 if zero flag is set.
- MVI A, FF: assign FF to A.
- JMP 201A: jump to memory location 201A.
- MVI A, 00: assign 00 to A.
- STA 3050: store the content of A in memory location 3050.
- HLT: stops executing the program and halts any further execution.